Mossberg 940 JM Pro 12 Gauge Semi-Automatic Shotgun with Tungsten Gray Anodized Receiver
The result of two years of development alongside world champion shooters, Jerry and Lena Miculek, the 940 JM Pro is designed to meet the needs of today’s competition shooter with the incorporation of an array of aftermarket modifications and accessories direct from the factory.
Using the iconic 930™ JM Pro-Series Competition Shotgun as a baseline, the Miculeks worked with Mossberg engineers to identify and help re-design major areas of improvement that included the gas system; loading port; point-of-aim/point-of-impact; overall product fit and functionality; sight system; and choke system.
All the newly designed components led the way for the introduction of a new autoloading platform from Mossberg, the 940. Major attributes of the 940 autoloading shotgun include:
- Gas System: The new gas system on the 940 will run up to 1,500 rounds before cleaning and will reliably cycle any type of quality factory-made 2 ¾ or 3-inch ammunition. A stepped and vented-spacer component has also been incorporated that keeps the gas system running fast by shedding any moisture or carbon build-up every time it cycles.
- Loading Port: The 940’s loading port has been designed to allow the user to efficiently quad-load the magazine tube straight out of the box without any need of modification to the receiver. The elevator and shell catch have also been designed to eliminate common pinch-points.
- Point-of-Aim / Point-of-Impact: Mossberg engineers worked to design a new barrel-making process for the 940 that ensures the consistent production of a platform that will allow a user to maintain an accurate point-of-aim/point-of-impact when utilizing quality factory-made ammunition.
- Fit and Functionality: The 940 sports a slim profile and ergonomic forend and stock, both feature Mossberg’s signature texturing that offers a positive, yet comfortable grip. The stock is completely userconfigurable, offering out-of-the box adjustability for length-of-pull (13 – 14.25 inches), drop, and cast. The receiver is anodized for durability and the controls (charging handle and bolt release button) are oversized. Internal components are nickel boron-coated for smooth, reliable functionality.
- Sight System: The 940 JM Pro utilizes a fiber optic HIVIZ® TriComp sight system that offers nine userinterchangeable LitePipes, in three colors and three shapes of varied height, for superior sighting in any competitive environment.
- Choke System: Equipped with Mossberg’s Accu-Choke™ system, the 940 JM Pro ships with a set of Briley® extended chokes (Cylinder, Improved Cylinder and Modified) that come engraved with constriction for easy selection.
- Brand: Mossberg
- Model: 940 JM Pro
- Gauge: 12 Gauge
- Overall Length: 44.75″
- Barrel Length: 24 Inch
- Capacity: 9+1 Round
- Chamber Size: 3 Inch
- Weight: 7.75 lbs
- Stock: Black Synthetic
- Barrel Finish: Matte Blued
- Sights: Front Fiber Optic
- Chokes: Briley Extended Set
- Length of Pull: 13-14.5 Inch
- Length of Pull Type: Adjustable
There are no reviews yet.